Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Google Plus for Business - Sydney Social Media - 27 June 2012
Wednesday, 27 June 2012 from 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM (EST)
Did you know that Google has changed their SEO (search engine optimisation algorithm) to make sure that your Business Page on Google Plus rules over everything else? Google Plus reached 49 million members (Dec 2011) in only a few months! And more interestingly, Google Plus is set to reach 400 million members during 2012. Facebook has around 800 million members - why not spend an afternoon learning about Google Plus?
- Why not grab your Google Plus Business Page before someone else does! Perhaps you have a Facebook Page? What is the difference between the Facebook Business Page and a Google Business Page? Set up a Google Plus Business Page.
- Investigate security and privacy, Circles and distribution of information. Many features on Google Plus are similar to Facebook. But the privacy and circles of distribution are different enough for marketers and business people to ask: how can I reach and engage with my audience on Google in an effective way? Set up Circles and Sparks
- Use Google Plus for identifying Leads and using analytics. Perhaps the biggest threat and opportunity with Google Plus is how it will change search online. If you have invested in SEO or know that your customers find you by searching for you on the internet, Google Plus is rapidly & completely changing Search and change the way we find things online. Forever! Investigate Hangouts.
- What can be added to Google Plus to integrate it with Facebook and Twitter and your website? What about creating and updating content to gain and retain customers - are the status updates, videos and pictures getting to the right people? Will Google Plus replace email and enewsletters and blogs and wikis? Add plugins to Google Plus
- Where is it all going? What does the future hold? Will Google dominate social media by integrating all Google services into Plus. What does that mean for your business? See how it integrates Docs, Gmail, YouTube, etc.
Please bring your email/password to logon to email during the course. If you have a gmail or google account (including YouTube) please bring that logon too.
Your lecturer, Laurel Papworth, was a beta tester of Google Plus and has 16,000 followers already, and can help you set up and walk away with some great tools to build your business in 2012. Find out more about Laurel Papworth on her website.
When & Where
Laurel Papworth, The Community Crew
Laurel Papworth, CEO of The Community Crew manages small, large and massive online communities - she was named "Head of Industry, Social Media" by Marketing Magazine, one of the 50 most influential social media influencers globally by Forbes Magazine, and in the Power150 Media bloggers by AdAge USA. Laurel's communities have included Westpac RubyConnection, Channel Ten Facebook pages and forums for Junior Masterchef, Australian Idol etc. Laurel has been lecturing on social media at the University of Sydney since 2005 and has been managing virtual communities since 1989.